Potatoes au Gratin
- butter to grease a casserole dish
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 3 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 ounces Crystal Brook Farm goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream, half and half, or whole milk.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease the bottom and sides of an oven safe casserole dish.
Make a layer of overlapping potato slices on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with half of the garlic and 1/3 of the goat cheese. Season with generously with salt and pepper. Repeat with another layer of potatoes, the remaining garlic, another 1/3 of the cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Finish with a final layer of potatoes and the remaining cheese and season with salt and pepper. Pour the milk over the top of the potatoes and gently press to make sure the potatoes are covered with liquid.
Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the gratin is bubbling and golden brown on top and the potatoes are cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.